Sunday, October 20, 2019

Prehistoric Predators: Megalodon


Synopsis: National Geographic series takes a look into the life ans extinction of the Megalodon.
Viewed on: Youtube

Prehistoric Predators, another episode in the National Geographic series, goes into intriguing detail about the life history of the Megalodon, the giant prehistoric shark. I really like this episode. Its not too in your face with cheesy facts. I mean all we really know about this animal is its teeth so a lot of time is going to be utilized for its jaws and killing techniques. The animation effects were good, better than the Smilodon episode I think which is weird for episodes within the same series. Some scenes were a bit gory for a nature program but I have no complaints.

I do also like the fact that I might of learned a few new things. Stuff like how the jaws were proportionally incorrect with the wrong teeth in past replicas and also that great whites and Megalodons aren’t that closely related. I gotta look that last detail up to make sure it holds up but its an interesting idea.

This pop science doc was taken more seriously than I was expecting. The animations were well done and the science portions were entertaining enough to keep my attention like the scene where the Megalodon jaws bite into synthetic whale blubber. In my opinion this is one of or probably the best Megalodon documentary out there.

My score: Tyrannosaurus Recs

No comments:

Post a Comment